thank you for using THE Australian Institute of Professional Photography'S SEARCH FOR A PRO FACILITY
As an AIPP Accredited Professional Photographer, I take great pride in creating engaging imagery for all of my photography clients. Can I help you too?
G'day, I'm Fred McKie. I'm Brisbane-based, but willing to travel - not only within Queensland, but also interstate or overseas if you require.
By way of introduction, the image of a man with camera is me; a "selfie" photographed with a gelled light to create the yellow background.
You've found me via the AIPP Search For A Pro facility, so you no doubt understand the importance of finding a truly professional photographer. That makes you a winner!
I believe in creating imagery that is memorable, tells a story and generates emotion, but that is only the beginning. Here's what you get with me:
- More than 20 years in content creation, including first photograph published editorially in 1996 (aged 18)
- Experience across commercial, corporate and editorial photography
- Specialising in creative photography on location, but also at home in the studio
- Reputation for vibrant, high-clarity imagery
- Awarded at the AIPP's Australian Professional Photography Awards and in international photography contests
- Strong communicator who always works to gain a full understanding of each client's needs prior to undertaking any photography project and delivers exceptional customer service
- Always aiming to exceed my clients' expectations
- Keen attention to detail
- Adhering to business best practices and respecting the industry code of ethics
- Equally comfortable working autonomously to fulfill your brief, including ticking off a specific shot list if required, collaborating with an art director or other creatives, or taking full creative control if you prefer
- Ability to draw on industry connections to pull together producers, stylists and make-up artists as required
- Either in-house production or utilising highly talented professional retouchers to ensure beautifully polished image files
- Effortless online proofing tool, dramatically simplifying the process of making image selections for you, including enabling you to review sets of images grouped by relevant keywords
- Lengthy background in print journalism including newspaper/magazine production, so able to provide a full suite of creative services - also encompassing writing, editing and graphic design - if desired
The big picture
With clients ranging from creative agencies and multinational corporations to small businesses and individuals, as well as magazines, I am commissioned to work on a broad mix of assignments although my photography tends to be predominantly focused on people, places and spaces.
My experience encompasses the following and more:
- Headshots and portraits for corporate/PR or marketing purposes
- Photographing celebrities making guest appearances at corporate events
- Shooting imagery for billboard marketing campaigns
- Lifestyle imagery, including for marketing destinations and major developments
- Destination and travel photography for tourism campaigns, neighbourhood guides and publication in travel editorials
- Architectural photography including the creation of project image libraries for architects, builders, developers, interior designers and lighting design firms (across various sectors but primarily commercial, multi-residential or luxury residential) and stitched panoramas
- Property and amenity photoshoots for commercial CBD building lease-marketing campaigns encompassing architecture and interiors photography as well as
- Creating marketing image libraries for hotels and resorts (and also boutique tourism accommodation)
- Food photography ranging from fine dining to hotel restaurant menu items and "cheap eats" street food
- Scenic photography including fine art landscapes licensed for art curation projects
- Creating images for general business marketing
- Editorial photography for The New York Times
- Licensing images for commercial usage
- Licensing images for editorial publication
- Licensing images for art curation projects
Although primarily a location photographer, I do have studio space at Springfield Central.
No job is too big or too small.
Call 0435 018 890 today to discuss your photography requirements or submit an online quote request.
0435 018 890 (within Australia)
+61 435 018 890 (international)
Springfield Central, Queensland