The year has flown by and I can't believe it's time already to look back over the past 12 months.
Here's nine highlights of 2016, in no particular order:
- Being flown to Sydney to create image libraries for two Surry Hills hotels.
- Having a series of destination marketing images shot for Montville Getaways up on a billboard in inner-city Brisbane.
- Working with agencies Design Suite (Sydney), Toto & Co (Brisbane) and CHE Proximity (Melbourne) on three very different projects - shooting the Brisbane GPO building and surrounding amenities for a corporate lease-marketing campaign, the creation of lifestyle imagery around Brisbane for a Singapore developer's marketing usage and photographing Olympian swimming sisters Cate Campbell and Bronte Campbell during their guest appearance at a conference.
- Purchasing Profoto OCF B1s and B2s - I love those lights! - and also getting my hands on an Eizo monitor for superior image-editing.
- Getting involved in the Australian Institute of Professional Photography's Reflections project honouring World War II veterans.
- Photographing one of Australia's most popular politicians, Ipswich Mayor Paul Pisasale, as well as all councillors and executives for Ipswich City Council's branding update.
- Having my photographs of multiple award-winning project The Luxe Lodge featured in numerous publications, including The Courier-Mail and New Zealand's myTrends HOME, ensuring great exposure for architectural interior designer Ultraspace.
- Being published internationally on multiple occasions, including in the American travel magazine Afar, American running magazine Runner's World, New Zealand food magazine Cuisine and Philippine Airlines in-flight magazine Mabuhay.
- Having 3 panoramic images awarded Bronze upon my first entry into The EPSON International Pano Awards.
Have a fantastic New Year celebration! Bring on 2017!